My Teaching Techniques are as follows:
1. Greetings and short introduction. Welcome the students with a warm smile and greetings as the class begins. Introduce yourself shortly, and then try to form a mini interaction with the students by asking short questions about themselves.
2. Recap their previous lessons. This will serve as a warm up to the classes and it will also refresh the memory of the students with their previous lessons. Short questions will be asked to recap their lessons.
3. Lesson time. Introduce the given topic to the student in a fun and creative way. Ask related question about the topic to assess the students prior knowledge. Begin the lesson proper.
4. Mini Icebreaker activity. Give some fun interactive games or role play to avoid the student from getting bored with the discussion of lesson. This can be in the form of fast talk questions, mini games, performing role plays, etc.
5. Synthesis of the topic. Teacher will have an overall review and recap of the topic discussed to make sure that the student thoroughly understand it. A quick summary at the end of the class will be provided. End the class by giving encouraging words to the students to motivate them to learn more.
Hi everyone! I'm Joylyn.
Why English is important?
Communication is one of the most important skills to develop which allows us to express ourselves and connect with people around us. English language on the other hand, serves as a medium to interact with people within the global world. Hence, developing an English knowledge and skill will equip us with competence to compete globally in various aspects. Also, since English served as the universal language, anyone who knows how to properly communicate through this medium will gain a competitive edge that will make it easier for them to adapt whichever country they will go. Additionally, people who possess sufficient knowledge in English can establish connection anywhere around the globe which is crucial especially when you are having a business or when you are looking for career advancements. All in all, learning English will not only enhance your knowledge but will also help you improve your skills to become a well-rounded person.
Why do you want to be an English Teacher?
I've always been passionate about teaching because I love to interact with diverse kind of people and share my knowledge and experiences to them. Although I came from a different field, Business to be exact, I wanted to pursue a teaching career to lend my hand to those who have the passion to learn specifically in English. Moreover, teaching is not just a venue to share and apply all my knowledge but also this is a good opportunity for me to continuously learn and expand my horizon. I wanted to learn from my students as much as they wanted to learn from me, in this way, I believe we can interact and connect better. I previously worked as a private tutor to different students before to help them cope with effectively with their academics. I would love to continue doing a teaching job because I aspire to motivate my students to learn more about English to become globally-competitive individuals. As a wide reader person with wide-range of experiences, I assure that students can gain holistic learnings from me and I guarantee my full support to them throughout their entire journey to learn in English.
How to teach English efficiently?
In order to teach English in an efficient and effective manner, one must possess wide-range of knowledge from different topics to be able to deliver a smooth teaching process. As a teacher, you have to be confident enough about what you share to your students, thus, you yourself have to develop your English skills and knowledge continuously. Additionally, teachers should also study different teaching techniques that they can adapt to be able to conduct a more interactive classes. Also, it is the teacher's duty to motivate her students to strive for excellence, thus, you have to be more creative in conducting classes to pick the interest of your students to make learning fun for them. Lastly, teachers need to also study and prepare all their lessons ahead of time to ensure that what they deliver to the students are appropriate information.